If you're looking for airship manufacturers and/or operators click
--- Lighter-Than-Air ---
Airship and Blimp Resources
- Several avenues of airship exploration. An excellent source
of lta information.
- "The only worldwide body catering solely for people interested
in powered lighter-than-air aviation."
Airship: DJ's Zeppelin
- Photograph library of the Graf Zeppelin, Hindenburg, Los
Angeles, Shenandoah, and Akron
Japanese children: airship enthusiasts.
Hangars at Orly, France
- Eugene Freyssinet, architect. Sheldon Berg and Edward Running,
Offering passenger flights in a Zeppelin
NT in the San Francisco
1896 - 1913
A good primer.
- ftp. A brief textfile history of the USN Akron.
- Still going strong in New Mexico.
American Blimp Company
- One of the leading blimp manufacturers, based in Hillsboro,
- Airship Hangar History
Home to Europe's one reinforced cement airship hangar.
Remote-controlled full-size civilian and military
of a Dirigible
John Toland's account of the demise of the USS Shenandoah.
Airships, and Blimps
- By R. D. Layman, author of: Naval Aviation in the First
World War: Its Impact and Influence. To be jointly published
Sep-1996 by Chatham Publishing, London and the Naval Institute
Misundersandig and Myths
An introduction to the wold of airships
Eric's "I rode the
Goodyear Blimp" website
The few, the proud, the very, very lucky
A 1901 East Texas airship?
Includes lta pdf files
Wright - Airships
Books, videos, drawings, collectables,and an online
catalog and order form.
- Revised, very informative site from the friendly skies of
Akron. Goodyear owns and operates three blimps --
An Illustrarted History
- Time-Warner's very informative site for the Rick Archbold
book. Mysretious out of print.
- Via Old Time Radio. Demise of the LZ129 and interviews
with survivors, recorded 6 May 1937 (7' 19" out of the original
39' 4" recording) by Herb Morrison. RealAudio used to have
the complete recording available online.
Disaster (Bain theory)
Via the California Hydrogen Business Council
Disaster (crash site)
This is where it happened. Roadside America's trivia
and some local tourist information.
- FBI investigations of the Lakehurst tragedy. Four pdf
files containing 337 pages of documentation.
- Short QT clip of the final seconds of the Hindenburg.
Remember, 2/3 of the people on board survived.
Two photos from a family album.
Eckener: A History
- We have within our area about history of the city ("Stadtgeschichte")
49 photographs with text about Hugo
Eckener. Please click there "Bildserie" on the left menu.
- Homepage for Buoyant Flight, based
in Akron, Ohio
- US manufacturer of internally-lit blimps
The website for U.S. Navy airships.
- Evertything you wanted to know about the MetLife Blimp.
On their navbar, go to 'about us' -- there at the bottom is
the current link to the Metlife Blimp. Use their search engine.
I guess the simple url was to simple.
- A history of the former western home of US airships
- Home of the 25 ships of ZP-21 (Patrol, Airship Squadron
- Historical home of past and contemporary airships
Naval Airship Association,
- Non-private, non-profit center for U.S. Navy LTA experience
Navy Lakehurst Historical
NLHS has pulled together resources and programs to
preserve the history of the US international airport.
Norbert Erbe's personal website about the Zeppelin
Museum in Neu-Isenburg-Zeppelinheim
Visit the site and do a keyword search, eg: airship,
Marvin's French Airship Association -- in English
- Advertising RC blimps
NV: Rigid Airship Design
The Netherlands entry into passenger airships.
Russian Aeronautial Systems, Ltd
Airships in Russia today!
Aeronauts in World War II
Information about Soviet-era airships
Prepare for that first image. Wow.
Schütte - Lanz
- Homepage for the Luftschiffbau Schütte-Lanz
- The first dirigible? 1863?
Images of Lighter Than Air Flight
Balloon and Airship Stereoscopic Photographs.
of Virginia Solar Airship Program
- Created in 1994 to provide education and training to students
through the development and construction of airships.
- Indian HTA & LTA lore will really enjoy: The Story of
Vimanas -- India's Tradition of Flying Machines
- The wide world of aerostats
- Airships of the Luftschiffbau Zeppelin
- A very informative site about Zeppelins past and future
- Zeppelin LZ N07
- The official website of Zeppelin
1898 - 1913
A history of the early Zeppelins.
Monsters of the Purple Twilight
--- Aviation Museums Online ---
- The role of Zeppelins in World War I
National Air & Space
- Multilayered, fascinating, and informative.
Museum of Flight
A good place to visit for information about Canadian
R100 in Canada
- Written by Dr. Renald Fortier for the National Aviation
Museum, Canada. Their R100 webpages are gone. Use their search
engine to find the pdf file. Use their digital
archives to find the separate images.
States Air Force Museum
- An information page about the Wright-Patterson AFB facility
in Dayton, Ohio. The museum does have a barage balloon and
a small model of the LZ1 on display.
--- General Aviation Resources ---
Air & Space Smithsonian
- Air & Space Smithsonian Magazine -- outstanding!
- FAA, FAR, archives, gophers, etc..
- Rules, regs, alerts, etc pertaining to aviation.
- A central site for aviation-related photographs.
WWI and Early Aviation Image Archive
Aeroplanes and Airships before 1920
- Most interesting!
- Global links for-to-date weather information.
--- Related Commercial Items ---
Andrew Hess: Illustration & Animation
- Computer graphic design featuring the Graf Zeppelin and
Where'd he go? He's very good!
Boulder Blimp Company
Giant continuous air inflatables used for advertising.
Painter of blimp exteriors -- really
including 30 airships
Inside the Graf Zeppelin
- 3D reproductions from the National Stereoptic Association.
- WW1 aerial combat board game for one or two players.
Microsft Flight Simumlator
- Zeppelin freeware add-ons for Fight Simulator.
- Paper model airship kits for sale include: Zeppelin NZ,
LZ N07, Solarluftschiff, LOTTE, GRAF ZEPPELIN, LOS ANGELES
- Buyers and sellers of all materials pertaining to LTA flight.