Photo courtesy of Ken Abbott/CU Boulder
Wieman Research Group
JILA/University of Colorado, 440 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0440
BEC (Bose-Einstein Condensation)
Current BEC research
JILA BEC Trapping and Cooling Apparatus
Hodby, Postdoctoral Associate
Thompson, Graduate Student
Papp, Graduate Student
Zirbel, Graduate Student
147. E.A. Cornell, C.E. Wieman, “Nobel Lectures in Physics 2001,” Rev.
Mod. Phys., 74(3), 875-893 (2002).
145. E.A. Donley, N.R. Claussen, S.T. Thompson and C.E. Wieman,
"Atom-Molecule Coherence in a Bose-Einstein Condensate," submitted, Science
138. E.A. Donley,
N.R. Claussen, S.L. Cornish, J.L. Roberts, E.A. Cornell and C.E. Wieman, “Dynamics
of collapsing and exploding Bose-Einstein condensates,” Nature 412,
125. S. L. Cornish, N. R. Claussen, J. L. Roberts, E. A. Cornell and C. E. Wieman, “Stable 85Rb
Bose-Einstein condensates with widely tunable interactions,” Physical
Rev. Lett. 85, 1795-1798 (2000).
77. M. H. Anderson, J. R. Ensher, M. R. Matthews, C. E. Wieman and E. A.
Cornell, "Observation of Bose-Einstein condensation in a dilute atomic
vapor," Science 269, 198-201 (1995).
New Traps and Cooling
Kurt Miller, Graduate Student
S. Duerr, K. W. Miller, and C. E. Wieman, “Improved loading of an optical
dipole trap by suppression of radiative escape”, Physical Review A,
Rapid Communications, 63, 011401-1-4 (2000).
Physics Education Technology Project (PhET)
PhET is a project for the development and use of highly interactive Java
applets for physics education. There are
currently 14 interactive applets on the PhET
website, with some applets under development.
Project staff: Carl Wieman,
Michael Dubson, Kathy Perkins, Ron LeMaster, Sam Reid, Krista Beck
- Back to the JILA Homepage
- To Carl Wieman's Vita
- Click here for online papers and to order reprints.
Note: not all of the publications will be available in online versions.
- Click here for photos from the Nobel Prize celebration of