1. Daily, John W., I. Raeder and G.
Zankl, "The Effect of Finite Chemical Reaction Rates on Heat
Transfer to the Walls of Combustion Driven Supersonic MHD Generator
Channels," AIAA 12, 403-404 (1974).
2. Daily, John W., C.H. Kruger, S.A. Self and R.H. Eustis, "Boundary
Layer Measurements in a Combustion Driven MHD Generator," AIAA Journal
14, 997-1005 (1976).
3. Daily, John W. and C.H. Kruger, "Effects of Cold Boundary Layers on
Spectroscopic Temperature Measurements in Combustion Gas Flows," J.
Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer 17, 327-338 (1977).
4. Daily, John W., "Pulsed Resonance Spectroscopy Applied to Turbulent Combustion Flows," Applied Optics 15, 955-960 (1976).
5. Daily, John W., "Effect of Turbulence on Line Reversal Temperature
Measurements," J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer 17, 339-341 (1977).
6. Daily, John W., "Saturation Effects in Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy," Applied Optics 16, 568-571 (1977).
7. Daily, John W., " Use of Rate Equations to Describe Laser Excitation in Flames," Applied Optics 16, 2322-2327 (1977).
8. Daily, John W. and Calvin Chan, "Laser Induced Fluorescence
Spectroscopy Measurement of Sodium in Flames," Combustion and Flame 33,
9. Daily, John W., "Saturation of Fluorescence in Flames with a Gaussian Laser Beam," Applied Optics 17, 225-229
10. Daily, John W., "Detectability Limit and Uncertainty Considerations
for Laser Induced Spectroscopy in Flames," Applied Optics 17, 1610-1615
11. Daily, John W., "Coherent Optical Transient Spectroscopy in Flames," Applied Optics 18, 360-387 (1979).
12. Chan, Calvin and John W. Daily, "Near-Resonant Rayleigh Scattering
and Atomic Flame Fluorescence Spectroscopy," J. Quant. Spectrosc.
Radiat. Transfer 21, 527-531 (1979).
13. Ishikawa, Nobuhiko and John W. Daily, "Observation of Flow Characteristics in a Model I.C. Engine Cylinder," SAE
Transactions, 87, 1035-1044 (1979).
14. Chan, Calvin and John W. Daily, "Laser Excitation Dynamics of OH in Flames," Applied Optics, 19, 1357-1367 (1980).
15. Chan, Calvin and John W. Daily, "Measurement of Temperature in Flames Using Laser Induced Fluorescence
Spectroscopy of OH," Applied Optics, 19, 1963-1968 (1980).
16. Daily, John W., "Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Flames," American Chemical Society Symposium
Series 134, 61-83 (1980).
17. Daily, John W., "Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy in
Turbulent Reacting Flows," Proceedings of the Sixth Symposium on
Turbulence in Liquids, Department of Chemical Engineering, University
of Missouri-Rolla 33:1-17 (1981).
18. Keller, J.O., L. Vaneveld, D. Korschelt, A.F. Ghonium, J.W. Daily
and A.K. Oppenheim, "Mechanism of Instabilities in Turbulent Combustion
Leading to Flashback," AIAA Journal 20, 254-262 (1982).
19. Pitz, R.W. and John W. Daily, "Combustion in
a Turbulent Mixing Layer Formed at a Rearward Facing Step," AIAA
Journal 21, 1565-1570 (1983).
20. Pitz, R.W., and John W. Daily, "An Experimental Study of
Combustion: Turbulent Structure of Reacting Shear Layer Formed at
a Rearward Facing Step," NASA Contractors Report 165427 (1981).
21. Azzazy, M. and John W. Daily, "Fluorescence Measurements of OH in a Turbulent Flame," AIAA Journal,21, 1100-1106 (1983).
22. Joklik, R.W. and John W. Daily, "Two-Line Atomic
Fluorescence Temperature Measurements in Flames: An
Experimental Study," Applied Optics 21, 4158-4162 (1982).
23. Crowder, R. S., J. W. Daily and J. A. C. Humphrey, "Numerical
Calculation of Partical Dispersion in a Turbulent Mixing Layer Flow,"
Journal of Pipelines, 4, 159-169 (1984).
24. Keller, J. O., and J. W. Daily, "The Effects of Highly Exothermic Chemical Reaction on a Two-Dimensional Mixing
Layer," AIAA Journal, 23, 1937-1945 (1985).
25. Daily, John W. and W. J. Lundquist, "Three Dimensional Structure in
a Turbulent Combusting Mixing Layer," Twentieth International Symposium
on Combustion, The Combustion Institute, 487-494 (1985)
26. Daily, J. W., R. W. Pitz, J. O. Keller, J. L. Ellzey and I. G. Shepherd, "The Structure and Dynamics of Reacting Two
Stream Plane Mixing Layers," in "Experimental Measurements and
Techniques in Turbulent Reactive and Non-Reactive Flows," ASME Special
Publication AMD-Vol 66, 175-209 (1984).
27. Azzazy, M., and J. W. Daily, "The Effect of Reactive Intermediates
on the Propagation of Turbulent Premixed Flames," AIAA Journal
23, 1202-1207 (1985).
28. Azzazy, M., J. W. Daily, and M Namazian, "The Effect of Reactive
Intermediates on the Propagation of Turbulent Premixed Flames:
Comparison of Experiment and Theory," Combustion and Flame, 63, 165-176
29. Daily, J. W., "Electric Field Measurement by Two-Beam Doppler Shift Spectroscopy," Applied Optics 25, 1378-1380 (1986).
30. Joklik, R.W., J.W. Daily, and W.J. Pitz, "Measurements of CH
Radical Concentrations in an Acetylene/Oxygen Flame and Comparisons to
Modeling Calculations," Twenty-First Symposium (International) on
Combustion, The Combustion Institute (1988).
31. Shepherd, I. G., and J. W. Daily, "Velocity and Density
Measurements in a Planar Two-Stream Turbulent Mixing Layer," AIAA
Progress in Aeronautics and Astronautics 105, Part II, 83-98 (1985).
32. Joklik, R. W., and J. W. Daily, "LIF Study of CH A (doublet delta)
Collision Dynamics in a Low Pressure Oxy-Acetylene Flame," Combustion
and Flame 69, 211-219 (1987).
33. Sassi, M., and J. W. Daily, "Doppler Shift Methods for Plasma
Diagnostics," J. Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 40,
34. Daily, J. W., "Cycle-to-Cycle Variations: A Chaotic Process?," Combustion Science and Technology 57, 149-162 (1988).
35. Yu, K., A. Trouve and J. W. Daily, "Low Frequency Pressure
Oscillations in a Model Ramjet Combustor," Journal of Fluid Mechanics,
Vol 232, 47-72 (1991).
36. Bauwens, L. and J. W. Daily, "Flame Sheet Algorithm for Use in
Numerical Modeling of Ramjet Combustion Instability," AIAA Journal of
Propulsion and Power, Vol. 8, 264-270 (1992).
37. Hwang, J. and J. W. Daily, "A Study of Particle Charging for
Electric Field Enhnced Depostion," Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol.
16, 113-125 (1992).
38. Feierisen, M. C. Branch, A. Abbud-Madrid, and J. W. Daily,
"Gravitational and Pressure Effects on the Steady-State Temperature of
Metal Specimens Subject to a Constant Heat Flux in a Pure Oxygen
Atmosphere," in Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in
Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres, ASTM STP 1197, D.D. Janoff abd J. M.
Stoltzfus, Eds, American Society of Testing abnd Materials,
39. Abbud-Madrid, A., M.C. Branch, T.J. Feiereisen, and J.W. Daily,
"Ignition of Bulk Metals by a Continuous Radiation Source in a Pure
Oxygen Atmosphere," in Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials
in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres, ASTM STP 1197, D.D. Janoff abd J. M.
Stoltzfus, Eds, American Society of Testing abnd Materials,
40. Hwang, Jungho and John W. Daily, "Characterization of a Vapor Axial
Deposition (VAD) Flame Impinging on a Disk for a Study of Electric
Field Enhanced Deposition," Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol
8, 58-66 (1994)
41. Hwang, J., and J. W. Daily, "Electric Field Enhanced Deposition in
Flame Synthesized Materials Manufacturing," Journal of Aerosol Science,
Vol. 26, 5-18 (1995)
42. Abbud-Madrid, A., Branch, M. C., and Daily, J. W., “Ignition
and Combustion of Bulk Titanium and Magnesium at Normal and Reduced
Gravity,” Twenty-Sixth Symposium (International) on Combustion,
The Combustion Institute (1996).
43. Hwang, J., M. Sassi, S. Mahalingam, and J. W. Daily, "Laser-Based
Characterization of a Flame Assisted Plasma.," Plasma Chemistry and
Plasma Processing 16, 417-448 (1996)
44. J. W. Daily, "Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Flames,"
Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 23, 133-199 (1997).
45. Mackey, M. W., J. W. Daily, J. T. McKinnon, and N. Reidel, "High
Temperature UV-Visible Absorption Spectrum Measurements and Estimated
Primary Photodissociation Rates of Formaldehyde, 1-Chlorobenzene,
and 1-Chloronaphthalene," Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology,
A: Chemistry 105, 1-7 (1997).
46. Krumdieck, S. P., and J. W. Daily, "Evaluating the Feasability of
Biomass Pyrolysis Oil for Spray Combustion Applications," Combustion
Science and Technology 134, 351-365 (1998).
47. Daily, J. W. and E. W. Rothe, "Effect of laser intensity and of
lower state rotational energy transfer upon temperature measurements
made with laser-induced fluorescence," Applied Physics B 68, 131 (1999).
48. Dayton, D. C., A. L. Brown, M.R. Nimlos, and J. W. Daily,
"Characterization of Biomass Pyrolysis Vapors with Molecular Beam,
Single Photon Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry," Chemisphere
42, 663 (2001).
49. Dreyer, C. B., J. W. Daily, A. Abbud-Madrid, and M. C. Branch,
"Laser Induced Fluorescence Excitation Spectroscopy of the Magnesium
Oxide B1Σ+ - A1Π System," Applied Optics 40, 2561 (2001).
50. Abbud-Madrid, A. Modak, M. C. Branch and John W. Daily, "Combustion
of Magnesium with Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide at Low Gravity,"
AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power 17, 852 (2001).
51. Daily, J. W. C. Dreyer and M. C. Branch, "Transition Probabilities
in the B1Σ-X1Σ+ and the B1Σ+-A1Π electronic
systems of MgO," Journal of Molecular Spectroscop 214, 111-116 (2002).
52. Brown, Alexander, L. David C. Dayton, Mark R. Nimlos, and John W.
Daily, "Design and characterization of an entrained flow reactor for
the study of biomass pyrolysis chemistry at high heating rates," Energy
and Fuels 15, 1276 (2001).
53. Alexander L. Brown, David C. Dayton, and John W. Daily, "A study of
cellulose pyrolysis chemistry and global kinetics at high heating
rates," Energy and Fuels 15, 1286 (2001).
54. Tobai, J., T. Dreier and J. W. Daily, "Rotational level dependence
of ground state recovery rates for OH X2P(v" = 0) in atmospheric flames
using picosecond saturating-pump degenerate four-wave mixing probe
technique," Journal of Chemical Physics 116, 4030-4038 (2002).
55. Li-Anne Liew, Yiping Liu, Ruiling Luo, Tsali Cross, Linan An,
Victor M. Bright, Martin L. Dunn, John W. Daily and Rishi Raj,
“Fabrication of SiCN MEMS by photopolymerization of pre-ceramic
polymer,” Sensors and Actuators A 95, 120-134 (2002)
56. Liu, Y., L.A.Liew, L.An, M.L.Dunn, V.M. Bright, J.W.Daily and R.
Raj, “Application of microforging to SiCN MEMS
fabrication,” Sensors and Actuators A 95, 143-151 (2002).
57. Li-Anne Liew, R. A. Saravanan, Victor M. Bright, Martin L. Dunn,
John W. Daily and Rishi Raj, “Processing and characterization of
silicon carbon-nitride ceramics: application of electrical properties
towards MEMS thermal actuators, Sensors and Actuators A 103, 171-181
58. Brown A.L., B.R. Hames, J. W. Daily, “Chemical analysis of
solids and pyrolytic vapors from wildland trees, Energy and Fuel 17,
59. Wilcox, B.P., E.T.H. Chrysostom, A. McIlroy, J.W. Daily and I.M.
Kennedy, “Measurement of CrO in flames by cavity ringdown
spectroscopy,” Applied Physics B 77, 535-540 (2003).
60. Coen, J. L., S. Mahalingam, and J. W. Daily, “Infrared
imagery of crown-fire dynamics during FROSTFIRE,” J. Appl.
Meteor. 43(9), 1241-1259 (2004).
61. Daily, J.W., W.G. Bessler, C.Schulz, V. Sick, and T.B. Settersten,
“Nonstationary Collisional Dynamics in Determining Nitric Oxide
Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectra,” AIAA Journal 43, 458-464
62. Thomas B. Settersten, Brian D. Patterson, Helmut Kronemayer, Volker
Sick, Christof Schulz and John W. Daily, “Branching ratios for
quenching of nitric oxide A 2Σ+(ν’ = 0) to X
2Π(ν’’ = 0),” Physical Chemistry Chemical
Physics 8, 5328, 2006.