If you're looking for airship manufacturers and/or operators
--- Lighter-Than-Air ---
and Blimp Resources
- Several avenues of airship exploration
- An international organization located in England
- Photograph library of the Graf Zeppelin, Hindenburg,
Los Angeles, Shenandoah, and Akron
Hangars at Orly, France
- Eugene Freyssinet, architect. Sheldon Berg and Edward
- A slice of LTA history in Airship Squadron 3 (ZP-3)
from 1954 to 1956
1896 - 1913
A good primer.
- A few blimp and hot-air balloon images
- A brief textfile history of the USN Akron
International Balloon Fiesta
- Kodak's site for the annual event
- One of the leading blimp manufacturers, based in
of a Blimp
- General information about ballooning, including how
they fly, how to get a ride, and how to find a flight
instructor or equipment dealer.
- Comprehensive source for ballooning information
- All about blimps
Remote-controlled full-size civilian and
- CargoLifter AG was formed to design, construct and
operate a multi-functional large airship. The airship is
being developed to transport very heavy and outsize goods
as well as other shipments and people, in an
environmentally friendly manner.
A new rigid airship concept.
of a Dirigible
John Toland's account of the demise of the USS
- Ancient but safe technology revives supposedly long
dead competitor. Environmental legislation may mean
airship take-off by Herman Nunnink
Airships, and Blimps
- By R. D. Layman, author of: Naval Aviation in the
First World War: Its Impact and Influence. To be jointly
published Sep-1996 by Chatham Publishing, London and the
Naval Institute Press, Annapolis
Misundersandig and Myths
An introduction to the wold of airships
Eric's "I rode
the Goodyear Blimp" website
The few, the proud, the very, very lucky
A 1901 East Texas airship?
Includes lta pdf files
- Trenches on the Web includes WWI Zeppelin images. A
fractal viewer id required and access provided.
Wright - Airships
Books, videos, drawings, collectables,and an
online catalog and order form.
for the Sky
- Juan L. Huerta's home page
- A new, very informative site from the friendly skies
of Akron. Goodyear owns and operates the
Goodyear's EAGLE AZTECA is displayed in this
informative Spanish-language website
- A proposal for a hexafoil-shaped lta vehicle
An Illustarted History
- Time-Warner's very informative site for the Rick
- Demise of the LZ129 and interviews with survivors,
recorded 6 May 1937 (39'04") by Herb
Morrison, software on their homepage
Disaster (crash site)
This is where it happened. Roadside America's
trivia and some local tourist information.
- FBI investigations of the Lakehurst tragedy. Four
pdf files containing 337 pages of documentation.
- Short clip (2.6MB) of the final seconds of the
Hindenburg. Remember, 2/3 of the people on board
Two photos from a family album.
Eckener: A History
- We have within our area about history of the city
("Stadtgeschichte") 49 photographs with text about
Eckener. Please click there "Bildserie" on the left
Im Rahmen der König Pilsener Luftschiff --
in German with many blimp photos. Operated by Mood
L'Hangar e ilSuo
Parco / Airship Hangar and its Park
- Home to Europe's one reinforced cement airship
- Homepage for Buoyant Flight,
based in Akron, Ohio
- US manufacturer of internally-lit blimps
- Evertything you wanted to know about the MetLife
- C.C.S.N. Adaptive Learning Lab & Faculty
Resource. Featured on EXN
Sells Indoor and Outdoor unmanned radio
controlled (r/c) Blimps worldwide.
- A history of the former western home of US
Air Station - Richmond
- Home of the 25 ships of ZP-21 (Patrol, Airship
Squadron 21) and Airship Wing 2
Station - Weeksville
- Historical home of past and contemporary
- Non-private, non-profit center for U.S. Navy LTA
NLHS has pulled together resources and programs
to preserve the history of the US international airport.
Norbert Erbe's personal website about the new
Zeppelin Museum in Neu-Isenburg-Zeppelinheim
Visit the site and do a keyword search, eg:
airship, zeppelin, etc.
Marvin's French Airship Association -- in
English and French
- Advertising RC blimps
NV: Rigid Airship Design
The Netherlands entry into passenger airships
Aeronautial Systems, Ltd
Airships in Russia today
Aeronauts in World War II
Information about Soviet-era airships
Prepare for that first image
- Homepage for the Luftschiffbau Schütte-Lanz
Airship Homepage (Japan)
- Ogura Tamaki's lighter-than-air site.
In Japanese. 19June97 moved?
- The first dirigible? Link trouble, they've
- Uniques shape and design
Zeppelin Group Tonder's Museum. Available in
English and German
of Virginia Solar Airship Program
- Created to provide education and training to students
through the development and construction of airships
- A 30 picture Zeppelin portfolio, bibliography, and
- The website for U.S. Navy airships.
- Indian HTA & LTA lore will really enjoy: The
Story of Vimanas -- India's Tradition of Flying
- Josef Buechelmeier's homepage (Friedrichshafen),
scroll down to Neues vom Zeppelin
- The wide world of aerostats
- Airships of the Luftschiffbau Zeppelin
- A very informative site about Zeppelins past and
- Zeppelin LZ
N07 Multimission Airship
- The official website of
Zeppelin Luftschifftechnik GmbH!
1898 - 1913
A history of the early Zeppelins.
Monsters of the Purple Twilight
- The role of Zeppelins in World War I
--- Aviation Museums Online ---
Air & Space Museum (Smithsonian)
- Multilayered, fascinating, and informative.
Museum of Flight
A good place to visit for information about
- Former home of the R100, now a major
multi-disciplinary international research centre
Museum of Balloons & Airships
- The Balloon Preservation Groups homepages
- Written by Dr. Renald Fortier for the
National Aviation Museum, Canada
States Air Force Museum
- An information page about the Wright-Patterson AFB
facility in Dayton, Ohio. The museum does have a barage
balloon and a small model of the LZ1 on display.
--- General Aviation Resources ---
Air & Space
Smithsonian Homepage http://www.airspacemag.com
- Air & Space Smithsonian Magazine features and
- All manner of flying machines and devices.
- FAA, FAR, archives, gophers, etc..
- Rules, regs, alerts, etc pertaining to aviation.
- A central site for aviation-related photographs.
- Varied and informative.
Soaring and Hang Gliding
- World-wide links.
- Most interesting!
- Global links for-to-date weather information.
--- Related Commercial Items ---
- Aerospace Construction Technical Services Ltd
- A managerie of information and products for airship
Illustration & Animation
- Computer graphic design featuring the
Graf Zeppelin and Hindenburg.
Giant continuous air inflatables used for
Painter of blimp exteriors -- really
the Graf Zeppelin
- 3D reproductions from the National Stereoptic
- WW1 aerial combat board game for one or two
- Animation clip of a zeppelin being escourted through
- Zeppelin freeware add-ons for Fight Simulator.
- Paper model airship kits for sale include: Zeppelin
NZ, LZ N07, Solarluftschiff, LOTTE, GRAF ZEPPELIN, LOS
- Buyers and sellers of all materials pertaining to LTA
- A comprehensive list of secondhand items for sale for
Die Geschichte der Luftschiffahr
- Eine multimediale Zeitreise durch Vergangenheit,
Gegenwart und Zukunft führt von den ersten
Konstruktionen und Prototypen bis zum Zeppelin NT der
Neuzeit und bietet alles Interessante, Wissenswerte und
Vergnügliche über die Luftschiffahrt.