C. Lee, S. J. Archuleta Professor
Professor of Department of Mechanical Engineering
Director of DARPA Center on Nanoscale Science and Technology for Integrated Micro/Nano-Electromechanical Transducers (iMINT); http://imintcenter.org
firstname.lastname@example.org (email); (303)492-3393 (phone); (303)492-3498 (FAX)
Yung-Cheng (YC) Lee received his BSME degree from the National Taiwan University in 1978, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Minnesota, in 1982 and 1984, respectively.
Y. C. Lee is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering and the Director of DARPA Center on Nanoscale Science and Technology for Integrated Micro/Nano-Electromechanical Transducers (iMINT) at the University of Colorado - Boulder. From 1993 to 2002, he had been the Associate Director of the NSF Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Packaging of Microwave, Optical and Digital Electronics (CAMPmode). Prior to joining the University, he was at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, New Jersey. Dr. Lee's research focuses on the integration of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) with microelectronic, optoelectronic and microwave devices. Dr. Lee was an Associated Editor of ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging (2001-2004) and a Guest Editor for special issues on Packaging for Micro/Nano-Scale Systems for IEEE Transaction on Advanced Packaging (2003, 2005 and 2007). He is an ASME Fellow and has received the following awards: Presidential Young Investigator (NSF, 1990); Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award (SME, 1992); Outstanding Paper Award (IEEE-ECTC, 1991); Outstanding Paper Award (ASME J. of Electronic Packaging, 1993); Honorable Mention Paper Award (IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, 2003); Meritorious Paper Award (GOMACTech-03); CU-ME Woodward Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Faculty Award, 2005-2006; ASME Electronic and Photonic Packaging DivisioníŽs Mechanics Award in 2007; and CU-ME Department Outstanding Service Award, 2008.
2011 to present S. J. Archuleta Endowed Professorship
2006 to present Director, DARPA Center for Integrated Micro/Nano-Electromechanical Transducers
2006 to 2012 Administrative Director, Nanomaterials Characterization Facility
1999 to present Professor, Mechanical Engineering
2001 to 2002 Acting Director, CAMPmode, Boulder, Colorado
1993 to 2002 Associate Director, CAMPmode, Boulder, Colorado
1993 to 1999 Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
1989 to 1993 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
1984 to 1989 Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell Labs-Murray Hill
1980 to 1984 Research Assistant, University of Minnesota.
1. Optoelectronic packaging, John Wiley and Sons, editors: Alan R. Mickelson, N. Bassavahally, and Y. C. Lee, 1997.
2. Manufacturing challenges in electronic packaging, editors: Y. C. Lee and W. T. Chen, Chapman and Hall Pub., 1998.
3. Micro- and Opto-Electronic Materials and Structures: Physics, Mechanics, Design, Reliability, Packaging, Two-Volume Book, ed. by E. Suhir, Y. C. Lee and C. P. Wong, Springer, 2007.
Ten Recent Representative Publications
Representative Committee Services for Professional Conferences
1. NSF Workshop on Optoelectronic Packaging, 1991, workshop organizer.
2. NSF Symposium on Optoelectronic Packaging Science, 1992, steering committee.
3. ASME Symp. on the Manufacturing Aspects in Elec. Packaging, 1992, symposium organizer.
4. NSF Workshop on Optoelectronic Packaging, 1993, Program Chairman.
5. ASME Symp. on the Manufacturing Aspects in Elec. Packaging, 1993, symposium organizer.
6. NSF International Workshop on Optoelectronic Packaging, 1994, program chair.
7. SPIE Symposium on Optoelectronic Packaging, 1996, symposium co-organizer.
8. SPIE Symp. on Micro-Optics Integration and Assemblies, 1998, symposium co-organizer.
9. IMAPS Adv. Tech. Workshop on MEMS Packaging, 1999, Technical Program Co-chair.
10. ASME IMECE, Orlando, November 5-11, 2005, Session Chair.
11. ASME IMECE, Chicago, November 6-10, 2006, Session Chair.