Current Research Projects
* Efficacy of dietary sodium restriction for improving vascular endothelial function in middle-aged and older adults with moderately elevated systolic blood pressure.
* Efficacy of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) supplementation for improving vascular endothelial function in middle-aged and older adults with serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency.
* Role of the renin-angiotensin system in impaired vascular endothelial vasodilatory capacity with sedentary aging.
M.S. In Progress University of Colorado, Boulder: Integrative Physiology
B.S. May 2009 University of Idaho: Biology (major) and Chemistry (minor)
2009-2010 Laboratory Technician, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Idaho
2010 - present Graduate Research Assistant: Department of Integrative Physiology, Integrative Physiology of Aging Laboratory, Dr. Douglas Seals, University of Colorado, Boulder
2007-2009 Undergraduate Research Assistant: Department of Biological Sciences, Dr. Barrie Robison, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
* Venous occlusion plethysmography
* Pulse-wave velocity
- Flow-mediated dilation
- Carotid compliance
* Graded exercise/VO2 max testing
* Endothelial cell collection
* Mononuclear cell & whole blood cytokines isolation
* Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy
* Extracellular superoxide dismutase (ecSOD) ELISA
* RNA extraction
* cDNA synthesis
* PCR and qRT-PCR
* Primer and probe design
* SFP/SNP sequencing
American Physiological Society