Seminar in Ethics and Academic Integrity, University of Colorado at Boulder
1. How many categories of acts constitute academic dishonesty, according to the CU Honor Code? What are they?
2. How would you describe the difference between “Cheating” and “Fabrication”, based upon your understanding of the CU Honor Code?
3. Which faculty are covered by the CU Honor Code?
4. What students fall under the jurisdiction of the CU Honor Code?
5. How many different ways can an Accusation Form be submitted in association with an alleged violation of the CU Honor Code?
6. Under what circumstances can the Conscientious Retraction option be employed by a student; and how often?
7. What are the differences between Academic Sanctions, and Non-Academic Sanctions? Name three Non-Academic Sanctions which may be applied under the CU Honor Code.
8. What are the grounds required for an Appeal following a Hearing Panel decision?
9. How many of the items listed in “Are Any of These Cheating?” did you identify that are NOT cheating under the CU Honor Code? Which ones?
10. How many of the items listed in “Are Any of These Plagiarizing?” did you identify that do NOT constitute plagiarism under the CU Honor Code? Which ones?
Note: To assist you with answering items 9 & 10, you may want to refer to Professor Taylor’s article.
Prepared by: Jeffrey T. Luftig, Ph.D. Leeds School of Business