The Java applet that you're using to play LASH is called ZPlet, and
it was written by Matthew Russotto.
A few things you probably ought to know about the online version of this story:
- SAVE and RESTORE may not available due to applet security restrictions.
- Leaving this page may or may not restart the story depending on the behavior of your browser.
- Netscape under Windows NT seems to have some problems with screen
refreshes, especially when bringing up the help menu. These problems may
or may not occur with different browsers or operating systems. I didn't
write Zplet, though, so there's not much I can do about them.
- If you're typing and nothing seems to be happening, click on the
black screen and try again.
- If these restrictions are annoying you, click
here to download the LASH story file. Remember to download an
interpreter to go with it if you don't already have one. (See the main LASH page for more info.)
If you've decided that you like the game, you can get the story file
from the link above. Remember to download this file in binary format,
which in most browsers means right-click and choose "Save Link As" (or
the closest equivalent) from the pop-up menu.
LASH Zplet page / Paul O'Brian / obrian at colorado.edu / Revised September 2000
Return to the LASH page
Return to my IF page
Return to my home page