Sam Reid's Homepage
· Pixelwar Android game
· BS in Physics, University of New Mexico, 2000
· BS in Biology, University of New Mexico, 2000
· MS in Physics, University of Colorado, 2003
· MS in Computer Science, University of Colorado, 2005
· PhD in Computer Science, University of Colorado, 2010
Regularized Linear Models in Stacked Generalization, Sam Reid and Greg Grudic, Multiple Classifier Systems 8th International Workshop, Springer LNCS 5519 112-121 (webpage)
A Study of Educational Simulations Part II - Interface Design, W. K. Adams, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, S. B. McKagan, K. K. Perkins, M. Dubson and C. E. Wieman, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 19(4), 551-577 , October 2008.
A Study of Educational Simulations Part I - Engagement and Learning, W. K. Adams, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, S. B. McKagan, K. K. Perkins, M. Dubson and C. E. Wieman, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 19(3), 397-419 , July 2008.
Developing and Researching PhET simulations for Teaching Quantum Mechanics, S. B. McKagan, K. K. Perkins, M. Dubson, C. Malley, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, and C. E. Wieman, American Journal of Physics, 76, 406, May 2008.
PhET: Interactive Simulations for Teaching and Learning Physics, Katherine Perkins, Wendy Adams, Michael Dubson, Noah Finkelstein, Sam Reid, Carl Wieman, Ron LeMaster, The Physics Teacher, 44(1), 18 , 2006.
When learning about the real world is better done virtually: a study of substituting computer simulations for laboratory equipment, N.D. Finkelstein, W. K. Adams, C. J. Keller, P. B. Kohl, K. K Perkins, N. S. Podolefsky, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, Phys. Rev. ST Phys. Educ. Res. 1, 010103, 2005.
Interactive Science and Math Simulations, Sam Reid, October, 2012 (Presented at Denver HTML5 User Group)
· PhET project wins 1st place award for 2007 Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge in the category of Interactive Media, see article
· PhET project wins MERLOT award, see article
· Winner in DSWeb dynamical systems tutorial design, $2000 prize, see article