Trent D. Evans, B.S.
Graduate Research Assistant
DEPARTMENT OF INTEGRATIVE PHYSIOLOGY
Boulder, CO 80309-0354
Office Phone - 303-492-7702
Nitrate-nitrite-NO reduction pathway as a therapeutic target for age-associated decline in vascular, metabolic, and skeletal muscle function.
B.S., Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, 2011.
Mentors: Rozalyn Anderson and William Schrage
M.S., Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado (In Progress)
Mentors: Douglas Seals and Allison DeVan
1) McKiernan SH, Colman RJ, Aiken E, Evans TD, Beasley TM, Aiken JM, Weindruch R, Anderson RM. Cellular Adaptation Contributes to Calorie Restriction-Induced Preservation of Skeletal Muscle in Aged Rhesus Monkeys. Exp Gerontol. 2012 Mar;47(3):229-36
2) Limberg JK, Evans TD, Pegelow DF, Eldridge MW, Sebranek JJ, Proctor LT, Schrage WG. Heterogeneous Vascular Responses to Hypoxic Forearm Exercise in Young and Older Adults. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012 Aug;112(8):3087-95.
3) Limberg JK, Harrell JW, Evans TD, Johansson RE, Ciancio DJ. Ageing Uncompensated: Exercise, Nitric Oxide, and Hypoxia. J Physiol, 589(12) :2923-4 2011.
4) Limberg JK, Evans TD, Blain GM, Pegelow DF, Danielson JR, Eldridge MW, Proctor LT, Sebranek JJ, Schrage WG. Effect of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome on Hypoxic Vasodilation. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012 Feb;112(2):699-709 .
5) DeVan AE; Evans TD; Brooks FA; Pierce GL; Walker AE; Jablonski KL; Kaplon RE; Seals DR. Vascular endothelial function and systemic markers of oxidative modification, antioxidants and inflammation in adults without clinical disease, in preparation.
6) Pugh TD, Conklin MW, Evans TD, Polewski MA, Barbian HJ, Pass R, Anderson BD, Colman RJ, Elicieri KW, Weindruch R, Keely PJ, Beasley TM, Anderson RM. Metabolic Shift Anticipates the Onset of Sarcopenia in Rhesus Monkeys, in preparation.
Evans TD, Blain GM, Limberg JK, Kiefer AJ, Schrage WG. Age Differences in Forearm Blood Flow Response to Exercise and Hypoxia. Experimental Biology Meeting. Anaheim, CA, April 2010.
Limberg JK, Harrell JW, Sebranek JJ, Proctor LT, Evans TD, Zillner CM, Schrage WG. Exercise Vasodilation in Metabolic Syndrome: Role of Oxidative Stress. ACSM Meeting. Baltimore, MD. June 2010.
Limberg JK, Evans TD, Blain GM, Zillner CM, Proctor LT, Sebranek JJ, Schrage WG. Hypoxic Exercise Responses in Lean and Obese Humans. Experimental Biology Meeting. Anaheim, CA. April 2010.
Schrage WG, Limberg JK, Evans TD, Blain GM, Proctor LT, Sebranek JJ, Eldridge MW. Role of ATP in Regulating Blood Flow in Older Humans. American Federation for Aging Research Annual Meeting. Santa Barbara, CA. September 2009.
Age Differences in Forearm Blood Flow Response to Exercise and Hypoxia. Respiratory Trainee Highlights, Experimental Biology Meeting. April 2010.
Effects of Aging on Skeletal Muscle Oxidative Metabolism in Rhesus Monkeys. University of Wisconsin - Madison Undergraduate Symposium. April 2011.
2010 APS David S. Bruce Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
2009 University of Wisconsin – Madison Institute on Aging Young Investigator Award
2009 American Physiological Society Undergraduate Summer Research Fellow
2007-2008 Kemper K. Knapp Scholar
2007 National Merit Scholar Finalist
American Physiological Society
American Heart Association