Chuck Rogers is a professor in the Department of Physics at the University of Colorado. He presently serves as the Director of the Engineering Physics Program.
Academic and Research Positions
2003-present University of Colorado at Boulder, Professor of Physics
1998-2003 University of Colorado at Boulder, Associate Professor of Physics
1992-1998 University of Colorado at Boulder, Assistant Professor of Physics
1986-1992 Bellcore, Member of Technical Staff in Solid State Physics
2009-present Director of the Engineering Physics Program.
2003-2006 Associate Chair, Department of Physics, University of Colorado.
1998-2004 Director of theEngineering Physics Program, Department of Physics, University of Colorado.
Ph.D., Applied Physics Cornell University, January 1987.
"A study of single electron trapping centers and 1/f noise in metal-insulator-metal tunnel junctions", Research Advisor: Prof. Robert A. Buhrman.
M. S., Applied Physics Cornell University, August 1983.
M. Eng., Engineering Physics Cornell University, August 1981.
B. S., Engineering Physics Cornell University, May 1980.
Recent Professional Activities
- Fellow of the Materials Science and Engineering Program (2012-present).
- Fellow of the Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (2011-present).
- Federal Relations Advisory Committee, Boulder campus member, (2008-present).
- Graduate School Executive Advisory Board member, (2007-2011).
- Executive Board of the Interdisciplinary Center for Electronics, an endowed center for electronics and condensed matter research, University of Colorado, (1998-present).
- Executive Board of the Colorado Center for Information Storage, a center for teaching and research on information storage technologies (1998-2002).
- University of Colorado, Faculty Fellowship (1998-1999; 2006-2007).
- Created the NREL / University of Colorado Fellowship Program for support of graduate students in joint energy-related research projects.